Echo Base ForumsEcho BaseContests (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)Mike Martinez Tribute Contest
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Mike Martinez Tribute Contest  (Read 42987 times)
Mungo Baobab
Trooper

"I have a bad feeling about this."

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 02:40:05 PM »

This is my entry...

First up is Darth Stygius the Dark Lord of Gloom.  Very little is know about Stygius' background and even fewer know what he looks like under his mask. Some believe he is hiding a hideous disfigurement, while other circulated rumors convey a very different story.  It was thought that people believed his appearance to pleasant to be a Sith and he was un-intimidating. Either way, Stygius is a powerful Sith Lord who celebrates the fall of his enemies and intends to do whatever it takes to bring an end to the Jedi Order.

Second is Gen'Ral or "Gen" for short.  Gen was a simple freighter captain / smuggler until the Sith returned. While away delivering a shipment his wife and daughters were killed in Sith fleet bombardment of the moon where they lived. With a past that included military training and weapons smuggling Gen is out to find whatever revenge he can on anyone loyal to the Sith and any part of it's empire. Gen is an expert with almost any weapon but his favorite is the knife he keeps in his belt. Many stories circulating the core say he has killed more people with his knife than with a blaster.

Rossh Darna is the last living heir to the Darna family from Alderan. After the Sith attacked Rossh spent days recovering from his injuries in an underground safe house. He waited for as long as he could after the attack began, but was the only one who made it to the shelter.  Months after the attack he sank a huge portion of his families wealth into the fastest and most heavily armed ship he could find and roamed the core trying to find a way to strike back at the Sith for the loss of his family. Then Rossh met Gen. After trading stories they decided that two blasters are better than one. Sith beware!

All three together...

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »

Fantastic entries, everyone! Thanks for all the participation so far.

A few of my favorites from the last few posts? I'm really digging Mungo Baobab's Nikto smuggler, Jedi Minstrel's Twi'lek smuggler, and DanOfTheDead's E'din Kyle. Great stuff everyone! Cool

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

Yeah, talk about some awesome stuff!  Hopefully we'll see a few more entries before it's all said and done.

Wink

Wookie-Balls
Trooper

Email
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »

Hi guys

Here are my three figures for the competition. They are all based on actual toons that my wife and I play in the SWTOR game. My wife Vicky has been playing since beta and I have been on there from the launch! The evolution theme in my groups is represented by the 'level' the figures are supposed to show...

First up is the Gunslinger Nu'Anna-Shan. A female cyborg. Nu'Anna is my secondary toon and is shown here to represent a lower level character...

Hudson is my wife's main character. He is a Trooper Commando class Healer. I've shown him here is armour meant to represent him as a mid level avatar.

An here is my third entry Jedi General T'aaylorr. He is a Jedi Guardian / Tank. This guy is my primary character and is currently about level 47 (out of 50) I've depicted him in a sort of end game armour...

Here are a few group shots of all three figures. I really enjoyed putting these guys together - a great reminder of hours spent in gaming and more importantly as part of a tribute to MAS.

Thanks for looking,

WB Out!!
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »

Those are awesome looking figures!! I really like the look of the Trooper Commando character with the mix of ARC Trooper and Galactic Marine parts. Thanks for the great entries!

David Delgado
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 03:55:33 PM »

We were pretty slow to get our entry in.  The biggest reason was that we had grand plans, but fell short on execution.  Even though we were given several months to complete this project, things just never quite came together in the way that we hoped.  We did get to create three fun action figures, just not the ones we thought we were going to create.  If the contest wasn't for Mercury Art Studios we probably would have skipped on entering, but we are putting the figures we created up for auction to help out his family.  

CONTEST ENTRY

THE GOOD

This Nautolan female was one heck of a pilot.  She was transporting a Jedi with an important mission when they were shot down over an unknown planet.  They are being hunted by the HK-47 assassin droid that shot down her vessel.

THE BAD

HK-47 was a Hunter-Killer assassin droid and Jedi hunter.The HK-47 droid disguised himself in clothing to conceal his identity.

THE UGLY

The Jedi's face was horribly disfigured and he wears a mask to hide his unsightly appearance.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:40:33 PM by darthdaddy » Logged
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »

Last summer, the Star Wars fan community lost one of its most spirited customizers, Mike Martinez, known around the forums as Mercuryartstudios.

In his honor, three fan sites came together to realize a customizing contest that he had been working on, and the participation was amazing.  We would like to thank the customizing community for such a strong showing in this multi-site customizing tribute to our friend that we miss so much.  The theme was anything related to SWTOR, and entries could be fan fiction, etc. but did need to include three figures.  It was basically a "loose interpretation" of an Evolutions theme for SWTOR.

In no particular order, here's a roundup of all the amazing entries...

Once the deadline for the contest had passed, we had a difficult time choosing a grand prize winner, but our consensus was that the first place winner should be forum member Wookiee Balls - congratulations to him for his amazing custom entries, and for his prize - a Sideshow Commander Gree!

After that, three random winners were selected.  They are as follows:

1st Random Winner - Revanfan1

2nd Random Winner - Botwt

3rd Random Winner - JediMinstrel

In order to claim the prizes, Revanfan1 will first need to post in the forum which prize he has selected from the prize pool.  After he makes his selection, Botwt will post his selection, and then JediMinstrel will receive the remaining prize. You will each be contacted by a sponsor of the contest to make shipping arrangements.

NOTE - Since Hasbro's distribution woes continue, the Republic Tank is not available yet.  Whoever chooses that prize will be contacted by the contest sponsors to discuss arrangements.  We will certainly work with you if you prefer a substitute prize.

Thank you again everyone for your participation, and if the support is there, we may look to doing another joint contest in the future.

- Echobasenews.com
- Imperialshipyards.net
- Yakface.com

David Delgado
CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »

Amazing stuff, so many people took part in this across several sites.  What a fun event this was, I think Mike would have been blown away!

Congrats to all the winners!

Wink

botwt
Trooper

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »

I think everyone that participated in this contest did an extremely awesome job and each of you inspire me to get better each time I try to tackle a custom. Congrats to all the participants and to the winners of this contest!!  Smiley
I am very honored to have been chosen as one of the winners...you guys truly humble me when you comment on my work, and now that I've been chosen as a winner I am nearly speechless. Thank you so very much for thinking my work was worthy of a winning selection! Smiley  
botwt
Trooper

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »

Very honored that I was a winner and want to congratulate everyone on a wonderful job! Smiley
I think I will go with the Republic Tank prize...if that is ok.
CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »

Agreed, everyone did a fantastic job.  The participation was great!

Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: