Echo Base ForumsEcho BaseContests (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)Mike Martinez Tribute Contest
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Mike Martinez Tribute Contest  (Read 40746 times)
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:08 AM »

Good work - my favorite of yours is that little droid - he looks like trouble!  Also love the paint job you gave him.

CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »

That little droid is great!  I hope to be able to create another trio for this.  I love this theme.

Wink

JTHOMPSON
Trooper

My God! It's full of stars.

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »

Do entries have to be KOTR evolution sets, or can you enter any genre as long as its in the evolution theme?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:11:51 PM by JTHOMPSON » Logged

Sjefke
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 08:03:10 AM »

This is what David said in the first post - "There is an Evolutions theme, based on the game, "The Old Republic"..." - I believe all of the entries I have seen here and on Yakface are inspired by TOR - but fan creations fit the guidelines as well - they dont have to be 'known' characters - everyone seems to be creating their own based on imagination.

DanOfTheDead
Trooper

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »

Since I help run the Yakfinities roundup, these are just for inspiration and not official entries. I had to get in on this project however, and after a lot of thought I knew what I wanted to try to do.

My friend Martin has been working on a Star Wars film for 10 years, and ever since I saw a rough cut I've been wanting to do customs of the main characters. I acutally met Martin through a friend, and the story goes that they met at film school when Martin walked up, introduced himself and immediately asked "So do you like Star Wars?"

I didn't get to know Mike very well, but I was a big fan of MercuryArtsStudio's work, and we'd traded comments on each others figures and I was always honored when he complimented my work. I'd like to consider these figures a toast to all the friends Star Wars has made, for me and for everyone, online and out in "the real world." What Star Wars is has changed over the years and will continue to change, but it's always been more than just a movie or a hobby. And whatever else it may be, it's formed many long lasting friendships. I'm grateful for that, and all the people it's introduced into my life.

At any rate, here are some of the characters from Martin's film, Hunt for the Holocron. While I don't think it has a specific spot in the Star Wars timeline, it has always had a very Old Republic feel to it, and the designs lend themselves well to that era. You can click on each one to find the part recipes at my site!

Dregr Jarrat

E'din Kyle

Dagan Accour

Ariah Duen

Sahn Jinkuru

Bando Jinkuru
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »

You put some serious time into these - good job.  I think E'din Kyle is my favorite, I like the part combo.  Also love the colors you went with on all of them.

Jedi Minstrel
Trooper

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »

How do I post via photobucket?
CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »

Dan -  Those are very, very nice customs for this.

Jedi Minstrel - For photobucket images, all you should need to do is copy/paste the URL for each image.  Then highlight the URL that you pasted, and click on the IMAGE button.  You'll need to do that each time.

mrhoppers - I spoke with Tamer, from ISY - looks like he's having trouble getting his account to activate here.  Can you look into that?  I can't seem to get in touch with David regarding it.

Wink
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:23:23 AM by CHEWIE » Logged

JTHOMPSON
Trooper

My God! It's full of stars.

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »

Jedi Minstrel - For photobucket images, all you should need to do is copy/paste the URL for each image.  Then highlight the URL that you pasted, and click on the IMAGE button.  You'll need to do that each time.

[/quoteJedi Minstrel[/b]

If I can do it, so can you.  I'm a special needs computer user. Wink
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:00:54 PM by JTHOMPSON » Logged

Sjefke
Jedi Minstrel
Trooper

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 06:19:48 AM »

Well here are my photos-

Jedi Minstrel
Trooper

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 06:23:37 AM »

I actually did three sets of trios.  Just got real excited to do this contest.  These figures are based on and dedicated to my family.

Jedi Minstrel
Trooper

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »

Here is the back story for all of these figures-

The Nisan family is an old Jedi family.  They were one of the last families of the Jedi Order before reforms disallowed Jedi families and extreme detachment became part of Jedi doctrine.  Sep Nisan was not a Jedi Guardian too long when Endy Kepo achieved Knighthood.  They were assigned to work together on several missions.  Eventually, the two fell in love, married and had a baby.  Their daughter, Marianna, was strong in the Force.  Sep and Endy both became Sentinels about the time Marianna was able to travel with them as their Padawan.

A bit of a rogue, Sep Nisan was still considered a candidate for the Nisan Clan Council.  The Nisan Clan included both Force-sensitive and non-Force-sensitive members.  There was harmony in the clan regardless of the issues of the galaxy after the Treaty of Coruscant.  Sep often questioned actions of the Council as it, at times, conflicted with tenets of the Jedi Order.  He could only do what was expected of him on his missions for the Order.

Order was always a part of Endy’s life.  Organization was second nature to her as she would conduct her life and role as a Jedi with precision and attention to detail.  Few had reason to question her.  Her reputation would precede her and many situations were easily resolved when many heard Endy Nisan was on her way.

Mac, as was Marianna’s nickname, grew to become a powerful Jedi.  She was given many missions that earned her the respect of her parents, the Jedi Council, and even the Sith.  On her early travels, she befriended a Twi’lek smuggler by the name of Osta’zes.  Mac wondered if Osta was Force-sensitive as well.  Osta always was in the right place to help pull Mac out of many situations. 

Decades after the attack on the Jedi Temple, the Sith still clashed with Jedi on various planets along the Republic/Imperial borders.  Many of these were led by Sith warlords.  Among them, Darth Shrotan was one of the most ruthless.  Darth Shrotan became a nemesis of the Nisan family.  He was responsible for attacks on the home planet of the Nisan clan, killing some notable Jedi.  Mac took to ridding the galaxy of Darth Shrotan but was warned by her parents to tread carefully because they felt her quest would take her to the Dark Side.

Jedi Minstrel
Trooper

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »

I know that I'm supposed to have entered only one set for the contest but I couldn't help myself in creating those figures for an "Old Republic" contest.  The set that I will have as my official entry is this one-

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 06:09:42 AM »

Nice collection you've got there!  that female Jedi in the front is my favorite - those colors certainly make her look like a TOR Jedi. Wink

Tamer
Trooper

He who is one with the Walker

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »

Hey, looks like I am in! Sweet. These are some great looking additions and thank you for participating.

I can't wait to see additions we see in this last month of the contest.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:19:40 PM by Tamer » Logged

You really think tow cables can take down an AT-AT?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: