Echo Base ForumsEcho BaseContests (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)ECHO BASE CUSTOMIZING CONTEST #1: STAR WARS
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: ECHO BASE CUSTOMIZING CONTEST #1: STAR WARS  (Read 20501 times)
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »

Here's my second entry, a Coruscanti smuggler.

CORUSCANTI SMUGGLER
Head - TAC McQ. Signature Series Rebel Trooper
Torso - TAC Han Solo
Arms - TAC Han Solo
Hands - TAC Han Solo
Legs - OTC General Madine
Goggles - TAC McQ. Signature Series Starkiller Hero
Coat - TLC Owen Lars
Belt - TAC McQ. Signature Series Han Solo

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
BugFace
Trooper

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 08:45:02 AM »

Here's an entry.
Galactic Heroes Articulation
I hope to fix this up a little better for a final submission, but here's what I've got so far.
http://www.themeerkats.com/starwars/bugfacemovie2.swf
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:04:36 AM by BugFace » Logged

... 'cause they don't even know even what they're talking about...and I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve. ~Ozzy
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 09:19:56 AM »

That's neat, and definitely a unique entry. I really like the Galactic Heroes but the lack of articulation kinda stinks. What you did looks very good. Smiley

David Delgado
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 11:15:55 AM »

Jesse McCracken of JediDefender.com, customizer Michael DiBartolo (aka JACKOFTRADZE), and Bill Cable of CreatureCantina.com and the Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society will be judging the contest!

I'm working on getting one more very special judge to help out but I'll wait to say more until I can officially confirm it's happening. Wink

Remember, the contest ends Friday! Let's get some more entries in! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:04:19 AM by David » Logged

David Delgado
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »

The results are in! I was really hoping for a few more entries at the last minute, but I really think for our FIRST EVER customizing contest we did pretty super, and I'm really pleased with the quality of all the customs that were submitted. Great job everyone!

Congratulations to our 1st place winner starwarsgeek and our 2nd place winner CHEWIE! starwarsgeek, I will add 2500 GP to your account. CHEWIE, 1000 GP will be added to your account. Awesome job to both of you! I'll post details regarding your other prizes tomorrow. I'll be picking up two figures in the morning for you guys; starwarsgeek will get first choice and whichever one is left will go to CHEWIE. CHEWIE, please send me your shipping information when you get a chance. starwarsgeek, I think I still have yours from the auctions.

I hope everyone had fun, I certainly did. As long as we keep getting participation, I'll keep doing stuff like this. Details will be posted tomorrow regarding our next customizing contest, which will have a JEDI ORDER theme, so be sure to come check that out!

Thanks again for contributing, everyone! Cool

David Delgado
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 08:02:17 AM »

Oh wow, I forgot this was ending... I had hoped to get another figure or two done. But oh well, maybe next time Smiley

Thanks for running this contest Cheesy

Currently taking on new clients for custom commissions, contact me
Custom Figures / My YouTube / Blog
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 08:10:55 AM »

Oh wow, I forgot this was ending... I had hoped to get another figure or two done. But oh well, maybe next time Smiley

Yes, please do submit anything and everything you can in our next contest! I'm really hoping to see the next one be even more successful than this one! And keep in mind, I can't get enough of your customs, so if you ever have something that doesn't fit in with the themes of our contests, feel free to post them in our customizing section. Smiley

Thanks for running this contest Cheesy

No problem! I'm always happy to do stuff like this for you guys...I'm just hoping by the time our next contest is going we'll have some more members to participate in these!

David Delgado
CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »

Hey, thanks David and congrats to starwarsgeek - this was fun, and a great start to a recurring customizing contest.

Wink

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »

Alright guys, I have an update regarding your prizes. Last night I was at my local Target and they honestly had nothing I thought either of you guys would be interested in. Pretty much all Legends figures, Clone Wars (which I know CHEWIE doesn't care for), and Yarna. And I'd really rather make you guys wait a while until I find some more exciting choices than send you guys something less than you deserve for your fabulous entries. I hope I made the right choice, and I promise I'll have something for you guys by the end of this week! Smiley

David Delgado
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 07:42:41 PM »

No worries Cheesy

Currently taking on new clients for custom commissions, contact me
Custom Figures / My YouTube / Blog
David