Echo Base ForumsEcho BaseContests (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)Customs for a Cause
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Customs for a Cause  (Read 23918 times)
w.meyles
Trooper

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »

Thanks for the compliments. I posted on yakface only until now, but this is a nice sidetrip.
Hope to see more entries coming in this month!

Do or not do, there is no trie.
JTHOMPSON
Trooper

My God! It's full of stars.

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 07:04:24 PM »

Help!  How do I attach my JPEG pics?.  They're 1.1 MB.

Sjefke
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »

Help!  How do I attach my JPEG pics?.  They're 1.1 MB.

Upload them to a free photo hosting site, then post here and click the "insert image" button and drop the link in.

JTHOMPSON
Trooper

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »

Thank you guys. Wink
Greetings from JTA

This is my entry, Jenna Fett, inspired by my daughter Genevieve.  She's 8 years old and loves the Clone Wars.  She always complains that there aren't enough female characters, so I made this female Mandolorian from Plourr Ilo, rebel pilot and parts of Evolution Jango Fett.

I was too cheap to buy Rav Bralor, so I must have spend more than $50 in craft materials and spent 2 days in the shop.  

There are no peg holes.  I used lots of 1/32 inch diameter rare earth magnets set in the green stuff belt and armor.

She ain't no Skittle Squad Mandolorian Elite.

Wish I could donate her, but she belongs to my girl.  Maybe next time.
BTW.  There's some tough competition here.

Ok got it.  Thanks for the help Darth Sidious and Mr Hopper.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:48:27 PM by JTHOMPSON » Logged

Sjefke
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »

Awesome idea to make a custom for your daughter - well done!  I agree with what she said - more female characters and action figures would be great.

freedom410
Trooper

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »

Here's my second submission: Darth Plagueis! In honor of James Luceno's excellent new novel, I made this Plagueis figure. This is actually the second Plagueis figure I made. The first one was a bit more tame, but I made this one look a bit more wild. The lightsaber hilt is larger than normal, as was mentioned in the book. I've also posed him with Darth Tenebrous, his master, and a young Darth Sidious, his apprentice.

photo 5-1 by FreeDom410, on Flickr

photo 1-1 by FreeDom410, on Flickr

photo 3 by FreeDom410, on Flickr

photo 1 by FreeDom410, on Flickr

photo 3-1 by FreeDom410, on Flickr
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:15:49 AM by freedom410 » Logged
freedom410
Trooper

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 12:13:57 AM »

My final entry for this contest is: Darth Tenebrous! Tenebrous was first introduced in James Luceno's Darth Plagueis novel, and later expanded in Matt Stover's short story for Star Wars Insider. I had made a different version of Tenebrous before I read Stover's story, but redid it completely based on Brian Rood's excellent artwork. Here he is, also posed with his apprentice, Darth Plagueis.

photo 2 by FreeDom410, on Flickr

photo 5 by FreeDom410, on Flickr
w.meyles
Trooper

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 04:23:04 AM »

Nice to see these two new entries! My respect for the hard work on Janna Fett! How subtle to work magnets instead of peg-holes. Funny how she is smaller than the rest of the Fett clan. I have daughters too, so understand the need for female characters. Well done. I like the metal wheathering and final look!

The Darth characters look awesome! Finally some alien Sith lords, instead of all these humans. Darth Tenebrous completely fits the costume and costume. Darth Plaguais was a surprise in head shape, since I don't know the novells.

Let's see who follows!

Do or not do, there is no trie.
freedom410
Trooper

Email
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »

Darth Plagueis is a Muun, like San Hill from the movies. The figure is actually based on the San Hill figure. They have tall, thin heads. I wish the underlying San Hill figure were better, but it's the only figure of a Muun we've got.
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 01:34:43 PM »

Those are some fantastic entries!!!! Shocked Thanks so much for your support.

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »

Cool to see someone make Plagueis - I have a feeling we'll be seeing him as an official figure in the coming years as well.  I really like the shot of him next to Palpatine.  Wink

freedom410
Trooper

Email
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 11:26:26 PM »

Cool, thanks. I expect Plagueis will win the 2012 Fan's Choice contest. Even so, it could take at least another year for the figure to actually hit the shelves.

I love the TPM Palpatine. It's so great that you can take the robes off and he looks 20 years younger - just the right age to be an apprentice. Before it was released, I actually considered making an apprentice Palpatine figure.
JTHOMPSON
Trooper

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »

Hello again.  

As long as this is for charity, here's a suptle custom.  I was disappointed by the fact that the Legacy collection, Malakili lacked Paul Brooke's very obvious lazy eye.  This was a nailbiter of a fine detail.

Thanks

Sjefke from JTA
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:05:56 PM by JTHOMPSON » Logged

Sjefke
JTHOMPSON
Trooper

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »

Here's another application of rare earth magnets.  Who else is frustrated by the Saga Collections' Yoda and Kybuck?  Here's my solution for keeping Yoda in the saddle.

Thanks

Sjefke from JTA
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:31:12 PM by JTHOMPSON » Logged

Sjefke
CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »

^ Made both of these Bounty Hunters for this.  

David, can you or BJ send me an email me at rykrofenloe@yahoo.com, then I'll get these two mailed to you if you want to run a charity auction.

Also, it's nice to see so much more participation recently in this!

Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to: