Echo Base ForumsEcho BaseContests (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)Customs for a Cause
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Customs for a Cause  (Read 23458 times)
mrhoppers819
Trooper

« on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »

Who wants to win some cool prizes, and help a great cause at the same time? Well starting November 1st, to January 31st Echo Base News will be running a Star Wars customizing contest!! We'll have several winners, including a fans choice vote! You may be asking yourself, "Whats the theme?" We decided to forgo the theme and make it an open ended contest as long as its set in the Star Wars Universe! We're limiting it to three entries per person. We'll announce prizes at a later date and to make things even better, for every entry, we will be donating $1 to ROAR Charity (Rwandan Orphan Assistance Response), Run by Lily Nyamwasa (Stass Allie from ROTS), More information is available on their website http://www.roarcharity.org So get out there, and start customizing!!

If you have any questions at all, please feel free ask me on here, or over at EBN. Thanks!

UPDATE
Some more info to update everyone on. Dioramas and Customs Vehicles are okay to submit. All customs(of any kind) must be new tho and never posted on any other sites in the past.

We will also be doing a benefit auction for anyone interested in donating their figures. All proceeds will go toward ROAR. If interested, you can contact me at bjh@echobasenews.com!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:13:20 PM by mrhoppers819 » Logged
Incom
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »

Replied at Yakface, but wanted to go into more detail here.

Like I said, I'm in! The time frame is sufficient, even for someone like me  Wink Just a few questions, though:

- will the entries be put up for auction? I think that'd be just terrific.
- does it involve just figures, or are vehicles and dioramas also allowed?

ROAR.... I'm thinking Wookiees......
Commander_Kurgan
Trooper

Grey Jedi

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »

It's a good and noble cause, I'm in.

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »

What a cool idea to donate money for every entry in the contest.  Wink

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 07:35:05 AM »

I will definately participate, as a matter of fact, I'll kick it off.  My nephew wanted a figure of Jedi Knight Di from the CW season 3 episode "Supply Lines", but Hasbro failed to produce one.  I've been working on one this weekend for the contest.  Here is how he turned out:

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 05:21:16 PM »

Thanks, glad you like it.  I have a couple more ideas - I'm sure I'll be able to submit another entry.  Wink

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »

Awesome first entry!

Let's see those customs everyone and raise some money for ROAR! Cool

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 07:36:34 AM »

Thanks David - I'm really looking forward to seeing what others come up with as well!

freedom410
Trooper

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »

Can I submit the customs if I've posted them to a forum or personal webpage but not a contest? Alternatively, if I take the photos down from the other site can I still submit the customs here?
ghostskull18
Trooper

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »

This is my entry

Revan's Daughter

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »

Awesome entry, Dillon! Thanks for participating!

2 entries = $2 for ROAR Charity. It's that easy! Now let's see some more great customs for the cause! Cool

David Delgado
freedom410
Trooper

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »

Can I submit the customs if I've posted them to a forum or personal webpage but not a contest? Alternatively, if I take the photos down from the other site can I still submit the customs here?
Unfortunatly they have to be new, so if you've posted them anywhere else, they wont be accepted. Even if you remove the photos from another site...sorry. Hope to see some new  ones of yours tho Smiley
Darn, I just posted a few pics of my best customs to another site a few days ago, including Darths Plagueis, Tenebrous, and Zannah! I have a few more ideas, so I'll try to get them up between now and January.
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 11:11:41 PM »

You can share them in our customs section here though, just not in the contest. We'd love to see them!!!! Cool

David Delgado
ghostskull18
Trooper

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »

Great custom Dillon! What hood did you use??

thanks!, its from TVC emperor
freedom410
Trooper

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 06:38:17 PM »

Unfortunatly they have to be new, so if you've posted them anywhere else, they wont be accepted. Even if you remove the photos from another site...sorry. Hope to see some new  ones of yours tho Smiley
Darn, I just posted a few pics of my best customs to another site a few days ago, including Darths Plagueis, Tenebrous, and Zannah! I have a few more ideas, so I'll try to get them up between now and January.

I'll post a few when I have a chance. Here are some of mine posted on another site: http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6643. I'll probably try to make a Darth Cognus - I've always wanted to make one of her.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: