Echo Base ForumsHasbro CollectingHasbro Star Wars Q & A (Moderators: David, darth_sidious)05/25/2011
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 05/25/2011  (Read 3589 times)
Greg
Trooper

« on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »

Here are this weeks "answers":

Q: Can you tell us if there are any new mid-size vehicles or battlepacks planned for the Clone Wars line this year? (Beyond the Jedi Turbo Speeder and Army of the Republic BP) Toy Fair did not have much on display...thanks!

A: Where’s the love for Dengar?  Despite a few more Dengars at shelf than we would all prefer, all Vintage 2011 waves are still expected to hit U.S. and Canada this year.

Q: Many collectors are excited about the upcoming Raiders of the Lost Ark action figure set that is planned as a San Diego Comic Con 2011 exclusive. Should fans and collectors expect a sufficient quantity of the sets to be available online thru Hasbro Toy Shop after the convention, or will the set be extremely limited like some past G.I. Joe and Marvel convention exclusives?

A: The Republic Attack Shuttle will have the same English phrases and sound effects regardless of the country.

Hopefully I'll have answers that actually address our questions within a couple of days.
McMetal
Staff
Major

Clowny Daggers!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »

Um, yeah...what the heck?!?!

Huh

"Good God, man! I'm a doctor, not a savage! This is a flu shot!"
Napseeker
Trooper

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:31:06 PM »

Bizarre... it looks like Hasbro gave you guys the answers to the questions I submitted over at snowtroopers.ca!  See here:
http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=21595.45

This is what we asked for Canadian collectors:
1) With the pegs being clogged by a mountain of TVC Zuckuss/4LOMs and Dengars, there's been a lot of concern that Canadian retail stores are falling behind the US waves and that as many as 2 waves have already been dropped entirely. First off, can Hasbro not pull these pegwarmers off the pegs since even sales don't seem to be moving these figures out of the stores AND more importantly, can you please tell us what figures (or waves) and vehicles/deluxe packs from the Star Wars line are definitely not coming to Canada so we can make other arrangements?  We've heard that wave5 may be coming in September but we've no idea if this is wave5 as started from 2010 or if it means wave 5 of 2011.

Answer:  Where’s the love for Dengar?  Despite a few more Dengars at shelf than we would all prefer, all Vintage 2011 waves are still expected to hit U.S. and Canada this year.

2) We have heard the upcoming Republic Attack Shuttle for Canadian and European markets will not have voice phrases like the non-vintage BAT-AT released for Canada and Europe which led to an unpleasant surprise for some collectors.

In a Q&A answer a possibility of including a switch to change between English and non-English modes for future large vehicles was mentioned.  Was there no time for this to be implemented or has this idea been scrapped? Some Canadian collectors will not buy a Canadian retail version large vehicle if they know the voice phrases will be missing. If the Canadian and European version has dropped the voice phrases will they be replaced with other sound effects?  Is there a possibility for a single retailer to bring in the US version, like TRU did with the Vintage packed BAT-AT?

Answer:  The Republic Attack Shuttle will have the same English phrases and sound effects regardless of the country.

Hope you get the proper answers soon!
JTKenobi
Trooper

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:20:13 AM »

I am eagerly awaiting the reply from Hasbro regarding those Indy figures. Let's hope they reply soon!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: