Echo Base ForumsEcho BaseContests (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)THE GREAT STAR WARS CUSTOMIZING CHALLENGE!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: THE GREAT STAR WARS CUSTOMIZING CHALLENGE!!!  (Read 43935 times)
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:16 AM »

Wow! That's an awesome looking "Mandalorian!"

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
Darth_Naes
Trooper

Email
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:13 AM »

Thanks David!! I wanted one that was a little more non traditional and had the McQ alt head.  The "rancor skin" shoulder wrap is from the imaginext line and the main body is ROC Neo viper with the Armor added to the body.
mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »

Nice looking mando, i actually want to make mold of that HELMET!! The Mcquarrie concept helmet is simply awesome and i dont really see many customizers use it.

Great entry!!

Darth Phantom
Trooper

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »

Hi everyone.

I am new to this website but fortunately not to customizing. Some of you might know my work from yakfaceforums.com.

Some time in the past, I promised Mike (Mercury Art Studios) to contribute to echobaseforums and right now I have the opportunity to do so.

In the last weeks I had a few custom projects on my workbench and tried to make some interesting characters.
Here is some of my latest work:

(1) Always wanted to see a new version of this vintage figure. In fact, that guy was pretty easy to do.

Death Star Commander

(2) And here is a Kyle Katarn from the old Dark Forces videogame (however with a lighsaber:)

Kyle Katarn (Dark Forces)

The next couple of figures all belong to the TFU videogames which I do like a whole lot:

(3) The evil side Secret Apprentice from the Ultimate Sith Edition

Sith Stalker (TFU - USE)

(4) A special stealth enemy from TFU2

Imperial Assassin (TFU2)

(5) The Jedi General from TFU2

Rahm Kota (TFU2)

(6) A nice outfit for Galen Marek from TFU2

Starkiller (TFU2)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:37:22 PM by Darth Phantom » Logged
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »

Welcome to Echo Base! Those are all awesome customs. Cool

As a big OT fan I especially like your Death Squad Commander. I have no idea how Hasbro hasn't done that one yet.

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »

Great entries Stefan,

I was wondering if you would be able to make it!! That Kyle katarn is a site for sore eyes!! ENVY HERE!! What head did you use for it?

Also i've noticed how much you're diggin' TFU i recently tackled an Interview with SAM WITWER himself great guy and i can't wait to talk to him at DRAGON*CON

Great stuff everybody!! So many great entries i wish i could simply pick one!! This will be a tough one!

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »

Hey guys, looks like a good contest so far, what a nice variety of characters as well.  I'm glad to see so many entries, I'll be promoting it over at Rebelscum as well to make sure there are even more entries.  Wink

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 06:33:44 AM »

Hey guys, looks like a good contest so far, what a nice variety of characters as well.  I'm glad to see so many entries, I'll be promoting it over at Rebelscum as well to make sure there are even more entries.  Wink

====================================

Thank you Sidious, the contest is doing great!! I hope i see some more stuff soon, i keep pushing for other types of customs, like vynil dolls or even a painted rock!! Lol!! are u going to drop a custom?

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »

Hey Mike, I have an idea for a custom, so I'll get started on an entry for the contest.  Wink

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2011, 08:35:49 PM »

Hey Mike, I have an idea for a custom, so I'll get started on an entry for the contest.  Wink

Thanks so much for getting something on the works and helping spread the word for the contest, i know i appreciate it very much and i am sure David and the rest of echo base news does as well.

Hope i can do throw more of these contests later down the road.

Mike

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

ANOTHER PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN MADE!!

Visit the 1st page of the contest thread to view it!

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2011, 11:55:36 AM »

As my entry for the Echo Base customizing challenge, may I present...Mother Talzin.

I also made an alternate pair of hands to serve as 'animated' versions.  After photographing them on her, they look even more creepy, I think I prefer them!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:03:41 PM by darth_sidious » Logged

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »

Mother Talzen!! Wow dude!! Great job man!! very cool that you joined the contest!! Keep waiting for more entries, i have several peeps interested so i hope i will get to see a some more customs.

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »

Mother Talzen!! Wow dude!! Great job man!! very cool that you joined the contest!! Keep waiting for more entries, i have several peeps interested so i hope i will get to see a some more customs.

Thanks Mike, I really like the character / design, and for the challenge I wanted to try making a figure that others havent attempted yet - that adds even more fun and does indeed make it a challenge.  Wink

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »

@ SIDIOUS - Dude, i really think u did an outstanding Job!! No sculpting and great use of parts!!

@ EVERYBODY Be sure to check out this weeks GRAND PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to: