Echo Base ForumsEcho BaseContests (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)THE GREAT STAR WARS CUSTOMIZING CHALLENGE!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: THE GREAT STAR WARS CUSTOMIZING CHALLENGE!!!  (Read 44244 times)
mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »

Hey everybody!!

Mike Martinez a.k.a. Mercury Art Studios here! Iím throwing down a challenge to all customizers & artists around the web! The topic is STAR WARS, the greatest saga of all time! The theme of this contest is simple: customize something Star Wars! It can be a character from The Clone Wars series, the Prequel Trilogy, the Classic Trilogy, the Expanded Universe, and even original fan-fic characters! You can use anything for this contest, Dunnies, Mezits, Mighty Muggs, GI Joes, Marvel Universe, Marvel Legends, a Coca Cola bottle, a deodorant stick,  a cardboard box, an X-Box, a rock...the possibilities are endless!

CONTEST RULES & DETAILS

Judgment:  

*        Mike Martinez a.k.a Mercury Art Studios - Iím the judge!! LOL!!
*        Originality
*        Paint Applications
*        Sculpting (if any)
*        Combination of parts, parts used and materials
*        Artistic Expression
*           Five (5) winners will be selected for this contest.

Rules

*        Customized projects must be for this contest alone!
*        Previous customs used for other contests or posted on other sites will not be allowed. If you want to show off a previous custom please do so in our customizing threads. If you submit an old entry, your item will not be judged and you will be disqualified.
*        No picture stealing, this means browsing around for somebody elseís work, snagginí a couple pics and posting them to hustle!
*        Winners outside of the United States must pay S&H cost for items won! (unless stated otherwise)
*        Customs bought from other customizers are not allowed to be entered as your own.
*        Customs have to be Star Wars based!
*        Original fan-fic creations must be submitted with a small background story!
*        All customs must be submitted by July 31, 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST.
*        All submissions must be submitted at ECHO BASE NEWS under in this contest Thread .
*        Maximum submissions allowed: FIVE (5) each custom or art piece will be judged and reviewed.
*        Pictures allowed per custom three (3)
*        Have fun! Feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have. michaelm@echobaseforums.com
*        Prizes will be announced at Echo Base News & CAFN on June 30, 2011. Trust me, they will be worth it!!

Contest Launch Date: May 29, 2011
End Date: July 31, 2011

I am announcing this contest 2 weeks in advance so you can have an early start & extra time to work on your project(s) the goal to this contest is to have fun & help spread the word about this wonderful hobby & art-form.

The prizes will be worth the trouble and not to mention you get bragging rights!! Help spread the word!!

Thanks so much everybody and I am looking forward to your customs.

Mike Martinez

Mercury Art Studios.

SUNDAY JUNE 5TH 2011 - It has been an exciting week thus far!! Great entries, great customs and great craftsmanship, Since you guy's are working very hard at those customs and art work, i would like to Show off one of the PRIZES to come.

Hope you guy's dig, because every Sunday i will be posting a prize until they are well..ALL ANNOUNCED Smiley Have fun and look forward to more of your work!

Mike M.

ACME ARCHIVES ANIMATE DARTH VADER Limited Edition of 1000 in the WORLD.

==================================

SUNDAY JUNE 19TH 2011

Hey Everybody!!

First i would like to say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! Wishing all the best to all the DAD'S AROUND THE WORLD!

3rd weekend of the contest!! Wow!! TIME FLIES!! I gotta say that a lot of the entries are simply amazing!! I hope you guy's can find the time to post more stuff and help spread the word!! If this contest is successful i will gladly do this more often!!

Second prize announcement!! This is a small yet awesome collectible, very much overlooked by many collector's but amazing on all levels of cool!!

ANAKIN SKYWALKER BUST-UP by Gentlegiant - Inspired by The clone wars micro-series.

This is a very unique piece! It will come sealed new in package!!

Stay tuned for more prize announcements!!

Mike M.

============================

Sunday June 26th 2011

Hey folks!

Another exciting week has gone by! Even more fantastic entries have been submitted, and we continue to look forward to another 5 weeks of exciting customs and excellent art-work!

I would like to take the time to thank all our promoters and contestants for the marvelous help and wonderful art-work PLEASE CONTINUE DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING we truly appreciate it!!

Hope you guy's like this prize!! It will sure make a nice addition to anybody's collection.

thank for your time and stay tuned for June 30th because we are announcing the GRAND PRIZE!!

sincerely

Mike M.

============================================

JULY 2ND 2011

Hey everybody!!

Another week has come and gone and we are proud to announce our GRAND PRIZE!! The 1st announcement was made during Mercury art studios Interview with CUSTOM ACTION FIGURE NEWS on June 30th now we are officially announcing it here!

Great entries keep coming in!!! A little slower this week and considering it is a holiday weekend i can completely understand!

Keep up the great work!! REMEMBER THIS! Anything can be customized, it can a card board box, a rock, a brick a coca cola can or even some sticks put together!! We want to see your skill and create a custom made piece of art work!

Take care and we wish you a HAPPY & SAFE 4TH OF JULY!

Mike Martinez.

GRAND PRIZE

GENTLE GIANT DARTH REVAN MINI BUST LIMITED EDITION RUN OF 3850 PIECES WORLD WIDE.

This item is mint in the box!

Winners outside the U.S must pay for shipping charges.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:29:31 PM by David » Logged

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »

The contest begins today! I'm very excited to start seeing some entries. Cool

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
CloneSniper78
Trooper

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:35 AM »

Here is my custom Boba Fett. I have posted a Boba Fett before on Imperialshipyards.net but this Boba has a different head, armor pieces, and accessories. So I hope you still accept this entry. Here is a list of the parts I used and what I did.

300th Boba Fett helmet head dremeled out w/ painted visor, dent, and darker green on the back.
30 TAC Boba Fett neck nub, cut out torso and crotch armor. Also 30 tac feet.
300th Boba Fett shoulder and knee armor. Left shoulder painted yellow. Holster and blaster also from 300th Boba
Imperial Scanning Crewman torso, upper arms, and upper legs.
TVC Boba Fett lower arms, lower legs, belt, jetpack, rifle, and cut down side cape.
clear tubing attached to right gauntlet
custom Wookie braids made out of braided Barbie hair and tied up with very thin string.
custom cloth vest under the torso armor
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:34:39 AM by CloneSniper78 » Logged
CloneSniper78
Trooper

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »

Here are the pics....
CloneSniper78
Trooper

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »

pic 2
mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »

WELCOME TO THE CONTEST!!! THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US!!

I will allow your entry, but would you care to show more pics?

thank you for your post you can officially say you posted before anybody else did and hope to see more work from you in the future.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:29:59 AM by mercuryartstudios » Logged

CloneSniper78
Trooper

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »

pic 3
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »

Welcome to Echo Base! Thanks for your entry! I think I'd rather have a Boba Fett like yours in my collection over any of the versions Hasbro's given us so far. It looks incredibly detailed and you clearly put lots of time and effort into it. And the Wookiee braids made from Barbie hair is such a creative touch! Very cool. Cool

David Delgado
CHEWIE
Trooper

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »

I agree, that's a great looking Fett... Hasbro really needs to step up and make improvements like this to their next Boba Fett figure.

Wink

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »

I agree, that's a great looking Fett... Hasbro really needs to step up and make improvements like this to their next Boba Fett figure.

Wink

It is a great looking FETT!! Hasbro really needs to step up with the ULTIMATE BOBA FETT.

JangoBones
Trooper

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 07:56:59 AM »

Entry Pic #1
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »

Thank you for your entry JangoBones! You gave that figure a really nice paintjob and the removable helmet looks pretty cool.  Cool

David Delgado
mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »

Entry Pic #1

GREAT ENTRY!! Welcome to the contest!!

Any chance you could post a few more pics or some close ups?

ghostskull18
Trooper

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »

HERE ARE MY 2 ENTRIES:

Darth rancid, was a sith weapon master that would teach many acolytes how to fight, though
his fate was sealed when he met his end at the hands of a unnamed warrior......

Ka'tar suo, was proud to have someone teach him in the ways of the force, so he learned and
trained by himself......

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »

Great entries Dillon!! Looking good buddy!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to: