Echo Base ForumsCustomizingCustoms (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)SITH_FIRE 30's CUSTOMS 11.25 UPDATE - Malgus, Savage, Starkiller and more!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SITH_FIRE 30's CUSTOMS 11.25 UPDATE - Malgus, Savage, Starkiller and more!  (Read 11344 times)
sith_fire30
Trooper

Email
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:02:40 AM »

Hey guys! My first posting here on Echo Base  - The Command Center! Awesome!

A new blog update over at Sith_fire30 Creations  - http://sithfire.blogspot.com/ featuring an update on the detailing I'm adding to the Darth Malgus sculpt - The nemesis of Paul S. Kemp's new novel Star Wars: Deceived - If you haven't gotten your mitts on this book or the audio version, it's a must!  Also more updates on my Tonnika Sister sculpts, Starkiller in Arena Combat Gear from the Force Unleashed 2 and the massive Tsalok - The Vong Commander of the Battel of Rychel as featured in the Dark Horse comics series Star Wars: Invasion. Also have an update on the first set of pieces I will be working on over the remainder of the year...and many more!

Who will these become??? - check out my blog to find out Smiley

Be sure to stop by and become a fan of my facebook page  Sith_fire30 Creations for additional updates and become a fan Smiley. Getting close to 500 fans - Incredible!

All image of my work can be found on my  FLICKR photostream - I always try to update at least once a week so be sure to stop by.

Questions, comments..Please let me know. Always glad to help out...

Talk to you soon!

sith_fire30

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:25:10 PM by sith_fire30 » Logged
sith_fire30
Trooper

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:31 PM »

First of the month, time for a blog update on  Sith_fire30 Creations featuring updates on the remaining figures I will be working on the rest of the year as well as Mandalore the Ultimate, Shado Vao, Wolf Sazen with magnets, Imperial Troopers, the Dark Lord Sith Stalker, Tonnika Sisters, Deliah Blue, Savage Opress and much more! Also updates on the future of my Metal Gear Solid figures - what's coming and updates to existing figures, as well as updated images.

Be sure to stop by facebook page  Sith_fire30 Creations  for additional updates and become a fan! Over 500 and growing stronger!!!

All images of my work can be found on my  FLICKR photostream - I will be updating soon so keep an eye out!

Questions, comments and critiques are always welcome - you can find me on twitter @sith_fire30 and my e-mail is sith_fire30@yahoo.com.

Talk to you soon!

sith_fire30

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 12:01:50 PM »

Dayton thank you so much for posting on our site!!! hope you keep doing it in the future!! We look forward to more of your AMAZING SCULPTS!!

sith_fire30
Trooper

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »

Mike - No problem bro! My pleasure!!!

Got a few teasers I thought you would dig. Posted them already on my facebook page but will have an update coming soon on my blog -  sith_fire30 creations - showing more of these ladies as well as a step by step instructional on how I paint faces (using Blue as the subject)...more importantly the eyes...These teasers are just of the painted head sculpts. Still sculpting the bodies Smiley

Be sure to stay tuned to my blog at  Sith_fire30 Creations  for the latest updates coming early next week (tried for this week but was overwhelmed at work - blah!!!)

Almost 550 AWESOME fans on my Facebook page!!! Please be sure to stop by, visit and become a fan!  Sith_fire30 creations! Not only will you get tips and tricks from not just me but from others, you'll also find some fun discussions plus see awesome work from other talents as well! As the page grows, it's not just about my work anymore but others - awesome! 

Don't forget my Flickr page!  Flickr photostream. Updates coming soon!!!

You can find me on twitter @sith_fire30!!!

More updates coming soon as always. Thanks for all your interest once again!!! Smiley

sith_fire30
mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »

Awesome update as always Dayton, stuff of Legends man.

sith_fire30
Trooper

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »

Hey guys! I completed a blog update late, late last night and simply ran out of gas before I could post the update info here or anywhere else. Check it out!

sith_fire30 creations

This entry has some completed painted head sculpts of Solid Sanke (from Metal Gear Solid 2), two additional Darth Malgus Head Sculpts and Savage Opress' head sculpt detail painted (not complete). Also I have completed the sculpt on Starkiller from The Force Unleahed 2 - Arena Combat Gear version!...and SO MUCH MORE!

When visiting, be sure to subscribe to my blog at the bottom of the page with your email address for all the latest updates!  Sith_fire30 Creations

Sith_fire30 Creations on Facebook is BLOWIN' UP! Please be sure to stop by, visit and become a fan!  Sith_fire30 creations!

Like I say on my blog, the fans are some of the most creative bunch of people as well as enthusiastic about the hobby, the subjects, art and pop culture. Great group of fans!

Bookmark my Flickr page!  Flickr photostream. Updated today along with much more to come that won't be highlighted on my blog and not even Facebook!

You can find me on twitter @sith_fire30!!! Had some problems with twitter over the past several days but things seem to be back to normal...so I may post now and again LOL! Seriously, I'm trying to get better Smiley 

More, much more to come!

As always, comments, questions and critiques are welcome! Email me at sith_fire30@yahoo.com or PM me here Smiley

Take care till later!

sith_fire30
sith_fire30
Trooper

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »

Thanks guys for all the comments and suggestions since my last update Smiley  Just completed a new one for ya!

sith_fire30 creations

Updated with the latest progress images of the New Republic Shocktroopers, Tonnika Sisters, Darth Malgus and Savage Opress.

As well as Metal Gear updates of Soild Snake and Gray Fox....and an introduction to a new line of figures I'm working on...Characters from the Dollars Trilogy starring Clint Eastwood!!

If you enjoy the update, be sure to subscribe to my blog at the bottom of the page with your email address for all the latest updates!  Sith_fire30 Creations

Sith_fire30 Creations on Facebook will get you all the updates, tip/tricks first - before the blogs and before the postings! Be sure to visit and become a fan!  Sith_fire30 creations!

Bookmark my Flickr photostream!  Flickr photostream. Updated today and as much as humanly possible LOL!!

You can find me on twitter @sith_fire30!!!

You can find me on The Forcebook as well!  Don't know about Forcebook?...check it out here! http://www.theforcebook.com/

As always, comments, questions and critiques are welcome!

Email me at sith_fire30@yahoo.com or PM me here Smiley

On a final note, want to once again offer my condolences to Hollie and her children for the loss of a fiancÚ and father, Michael Martinez of  Mercury Art Studios. I never met the man personally but we shared many ideas and he had some great things coming down the pike..he was killed by a drunk driver last week before the holiday. Mike was a big supporter of the custom community, and had some awesome talent - if you knew him or purchased work from him and wish to pay your respects or offer a small donation to help the family, all the info you need is listed at the bottom of my latest blog entry, or you can go to imperialshipyards.net for additional info. Hate to sound like a PSA announcement but don't drink and drive guys - look at what can happen. 

Alright guys! Much more to come!

Take care till later!

sith_fire30
sith_fire30
Trooper

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »

Hey everyone! - I've placed the sculpting tools aside for the past week or so and worked on getting some of my work in progress pieces completed or close to it!
Check out my latest blogspot update -
sith_fire30 creations
A TON of  paint progress images of various figures - from Ithorians to ladies in bustiers, sith to horned beasts! It's all about the paint work for this current entry! 

Much more to see so be sure to stop by and check them out and subscrive to my blog at the bottom of the page - Sith_fire30 Creations

Sith_fire30 Creations is on Facebook! Be sure to visit and become a fan!  Sith_fire30 creations!

Bookmark my Flickr photostream!  Flickr photostream. Updated this evening Smiley

I'm also on twitter @sith_fire30!!!

You can find me on The Forcebook as well!  Don't know about Forcebook?...check it out here! http://www.theforcebook.com/

As always, comments, questions and critiques are welcome!

Email me at sith_fire30@yahoo.com or PM me here Smiley

Alright guys! Much more to come!

Take care till later!

sith_fire30

sith_fire30
Trooper

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »

Hey guys!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are ready to kick off the Holidays!

Sorry for my absence - when you see this recent update (sculpting, painting and photography) you'll understand why.

Anyway, when not in the kitchen, I spent most of my holiday getting images and copy ready for this BIG REVEAL of some major 1:18 scale figures of familiar...and some not so familiar characters.

I've posted the update on my blog - Sith_fire30 Creations - http://sithfire.blogspot.com/ - but kept the discussion brief and added links to my photostream sets of each finished piece.

*YOU CAN FIND THE LINKS BELOW FOR EACH FIGURE UNDER THE BANNERS*  - hard to see and you may miss them.

Each set also contains the wip images already seen so you all can look at the progress - some have more images than others with Malgus and Savage being the most. I still have a ton of images for Furlag and others so be sure to bookmark these links and check back often.

Darth Malgus from Star Wars: The Old Republic

Darth Malgus FLICKR Photostream set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/sets/72157625910450077/

Tonnika Sisters from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Tonnika Sisters FLICKR Photostream set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/sets/72157628121052215/

Furlag from Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Furlag FLICKR Photostream set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/sets/72157628116136723/

Del Moomo of the Moomo Brothers from Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Del Moomo FLICKR Photostream set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/sets/72157628150584687/

Starkiller (arena combat gear) from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Starkiller FLICKR Photostream set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/sets/72157626382518463/

and finally

Savage Opress (non-animated version) from Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Savage Opress FLICKR Photostream set - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/sets/72157625838764951/

These pieces were all based on my love for the uniqueness of each of the characters - and I hope you will be able to see that in the work I've put into each one of them. 

Six different characters, all parts of seperate timelines in the Star Wars EU - whether it be canon of not.

Any questions or comments, please let me know Smiley

Thanks for your continued interest in my work - I have much planned for the new year...as well as the remainder of this one!

Stay tuned!

RebelTrooper1138
Staff
Major

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »

That Savage is truly one of the most amazing customs that I have ever seen. The level of detail is astounding, and I just cannot imagine all of the love that you put into that sucker. I can only imagine how dinky and puny Hasbro figures would look standing against that creature.

This brave trio fights to defend the Empire against Darth Vader's evil forces
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: