Echo Base ForumsHasbro CollectingHasbro Star Wars Q & A (Moderators: David, darth_sidious)10/28/2010
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 10/28/2010  (Read 2314 times)
Greg
Trooper

« on: October 28, 2010, 08:56:50 AM »

Ready for some answers? It sure did take awhile, but they have finally arrived! Answers from Hasbro are in blue.

1) R5-K6 is one of your best figures ever.  While researching its background however, I found some really interesting photos.  One pic from the briefing scene shows R5-K6 actually having a white body with red panels.  Another clearly shows him in the back of a Y-Wing fighter in the hangar, even though we know Red Leader flew the X-Wing.  Adding even more confusion is the fact that there appears to be a shot showing the R5-K6 body scheme you released on the Death Star!  I know you get your info and references direct from Lucasfilm, but thought maybe there might be a new figure of R5-K6 with the same dome, but with a white & red body in the furture for us.  You can see all the pics I mention on this site:
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/astromechs/page10.html

Thanks very much for sending that.  We were aware of that already; there is indeed some murkiness to the re-use or even the body colors of some of the droids.  But over time we hope to fill in the blanks.  As asked on that astromech page link you sent: "How cool would it be to eventually have an astromech droid from all twelve Red Squadron pilots from the Battle of Yavin?"  The answer is that it would be very cool and we hope to get there one day (along with their pilots, of course!).  

2) Based on the season 3 trailer, it appears that the Blurrg beasts will see more action in the Clone Wars series. Can kids and collectors expect to see this interesting creature, perhaps with a Twi'Lek rider? The deluxe line is almost entirely made up of small vehicles, when collectors and kids alike would also enjoy seeing small beasts, it helps make the line more diverse and keeps us interested.

We do not have any plans to for the Blurrg beast currently, but since Clones use them for mounts it's not out of the realm of possibility for sometime in the future.  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:57:53 PM by David » Logged
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:52:32 AM »

So, a Blurrg is possible - that gives me a little bit of hope!  Grin

Hobbie
Trooper

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »

Ready for some answers? It sure did take awhile, but they have finally arrived! Answers from Hasbro are in blue.

1) R5-K6 is one of your best figures ever.  While researching its background however, I found some really interesting photos.  One pic from the briefing scene shows R5-K6 actually having a white body with red panels.  Another clearly shows him in the back of a Y-Wing fighter in the hangar, even though we know Red Leader flew the X-Wing.  Adding even more confusion is the fact that there appears to be a shot showing the R5-K6 body scheme you released on the Death Star!  I know you get your info and references direct from Lucasfilm, but thought maybe there might be a new figure of R5-K6 with the same dome, but with a white & red body in the furture for us.  You can see all the pics I mention on this site:
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/astromechs/page10.html

Thanks very much for sending that.  We were aware of that already; there is indeed some murkiness to the re-use or even the body colors of some of the droids.  But over time we hope to fill in the blanks.  As asked on that astromech page link you sent: "How cool would it be to eventually have an astromech droid from all twelve Red Squadron pilots from the Battle of Yavin?"  The answer is that it would be very cool and we hope to get there one day (along with their pilots, of course!). 

Hey! How cool is it you ran this question!  I love the fact that Hasbro has their eye on doing all of Red squadron(and hopefully Gold squadron as well!)  Looking at R5-K6, I suppose they could do his head on the white body for a Y-Wing pilot.  No reason you can't have the same dome paint on different bodies, I suppose. 

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 02:58:42 PM »

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
Pages: [1]
Print