Echo Base ForumsCustomizingCustoms (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [1/28/12]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [1/28/12]  (Read 21049 times)
wookielover1138
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:26 AM »

I LOVE IT!!!!! You are in the Spotlight again my friend, keep up the excellent work Grin

wookielover1138 of the Kessel Run Review

www.youtube.com/user/wookielover1138
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »

Thanks Jenn!!
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 06:03:43 AM »

I kept moving forward with the gladiator theme, but so far I only have WIP figures to show.  I haven't had much time to work on the blog at all.  "Customs I Wish I Owned" has suffered the most.  Once Elias goes back to school next week, things should go back to normal.  Here's a few pictures of the other gladiators I have been working on:

LANNIK MANDALORIAN GLADIATOR

TANK

To see the full post read it here:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/08/gladiators.html

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »

WOW! The Lannik looks incredibly cool! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Shocked

Great stuff! Cool

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »

Kitonak Gladiator
created by Darth Daddy

There is a video in the blog post showcasing more progress on the Geonosian gladiator action figures that I am working on. I took some pictures that show how Tank separates into two different vehicles, one being airborne. I also did the sculpting work on Blade, and took a few pictures of the progress. I included a lot more finished photos of the Kitonak Gladiator that I finished today so you all will get something new that you haven't seen thrown into the video too.

To watch go to:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/08/gladiators-part-ii.html

I also added some more still shots of Tank to the first Gladiator post here:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/08/gladiators.html
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:02 AM »

KITONAK GLADIATOR: STILL PHOTOS & BACKSTORY

Kitonak Gladiator
created by Darth Daddy

I used a Marvel Skaar action figure for the body and a Droopy McCool head and hands to complete this action figure.

I liked the tattoos on the original figure so I incorporated the design into the figure.

A tribute figure to Dan of the Dead's "Fez Xik" action figure. If it weren't for Dan's "Princess Bride" themed action figure, I would have never thought to create a Kitonak of such size.

BACKSTORY

The two gladiators a week before their battle.

These two gladiators fought together as a team in many battles and were always victorious. It was said that watching them work together to defeat their opponents was like seeing a ballet. They acted with such precision that they easily took apart even the biggest of threats. With a lack of worthy opponents, it was only a matter of time before they would have to meet each other face to face in battle. Surprisingly, when the Kitonak gladiator defeated his Gamorrean friend, the crowd actually granted the Gamorrean mercy for the showing that the two had put on that day. Their meeting in the arena was so sensational that the story was passed down in Geonosian history for generations to come. It would be the only time these two would face each other in fact. They fought together as a team for years after the memorable event took place, but just around the time when the crowd was getting hungry for a rematch, the two both disappeared overnight. It's said outside of Geonosis... that on that night, the two defeated their most challenging opponent ever...the life of being slave, and with their escape... together, they won, their freedom. Searches were made, but they were never found, making one wonder if they ever escaped at all.
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:45 AM »

QUICK ALTERATIONS

As you know I like to introduce the audience at our blog to quick and easy modifications that they can make to their existing action figures to spruce things up a bit. These two action figures are no different.

ULTIMATE BARRISS OFFEE

We really loved Hasbro's new VOTC Barriss Offee action figure, but she didn't have a very battle ready appearance. By combining elements of the Star Wars Saga 2002 Collection 2: Attack of the Clones #12 Barriss Offee [Jedi Padawan] and a few accessories from the new CW Barriss Offee, we were able to create the Ultimate Barriss Offee with an interchangeable head sculpt, a short cloak to go with the existing hood, and a battle action cloak too. I'm planning on adding an interchangeable right hand so I can keep using the magnet hand from the Star Wars Saga 2002 Collection 2: Attack of the Clones #12 Barriss Offee also.

She looks a lot more battle ready now.

I loved the head sculpt of the original Barriss and wanted to come up with a way to show off the hair of the action figure in this Ultimate edition.

With an Exacto knife I cut of the head of the AOTC Barriss and then used a drill and Dremel to give the head the ability to snap securely onto the neck post of the VOTC figure and have full articulation.

With all these accessories a lot of variations could be produced to enhance play.

SORA BULQ
with Articulated Knees

I boiled the original Saga 2 Sora Bulq action figure to remove his unarticulated legs and replaced them with the CW Eeth Koth legs instead. By boiling the two action figures in hot water for about 5 minutes, the plastic was soft enough to swap out the legs of the figure. I read that JACKOFTRADZE used the same technique with the legs of a Kit Fisto from the Target Geonosis 2-pack. I didn't have one in our fodder so Eeth Koth had to step in to make it happen. At some point I would like to replace the hard goods skirt with a soft good skirt when I find a suitable replacement.

wookielover1138
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 05:45:23 PM »

You have been busy my friend! The latest customs look amazing as always, really love that Ultimate Barriss Offee Grin

wookielover1138 of the Kessel Run Review

www.youtube.com/user/wookielover1138
mrhoppers819
Trooper

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »

your in our spotlight today, Congrats!!
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2011, 04:07:31 AM »

THANKS!!

Just want to throw this up before I hop back on the road again in a few minutes.  It's a really long post so I don't have time to format it all at the moment.

MASTER ZAO

Head to the blog for the full breakdown:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/10/master-zao.html

A big thanks to Lucasclones for getting me the belt with pouches.
mrhoppers819
Trooper

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »

you're in our spotlight today! congrats!!
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 12:19:59 PM »

you're in our spotlight today! congrats!!

Thanks!!!!!
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »

We had no power up here for about a week, so we have been slow to post.  Although this week so a lot of content added including this new Rebel Alliance General I just finished.

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/11/rebel-alliance-general-by-darth-daddy.html

Head to the blog and check out all the new content including CAFN, the return of KRR, WIP shots, and a feature on Kualan.

www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2011, 05:52:31 AM »

Thanks guys!  It's been a long time since I did a post here so there's a lot to catch up on.  Here are some pics of the newest customs I produced:

MASTER ZAO (COMPLETED)

ZIRO THE HUTT

There are a lot of alternate pics on the blog and tons of info on all these action figures:
Star Wars: Customs for the Kid
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »

Thanks Smiley

As you know we are pretty big Clone Wars fans here at home.  We haven't missed an episode yet.  So probably like any other fans out there, we wish more of the characters introduced on the show made it to plastic.  So since they haven't, it falls on us customizers to fill in the gap.  One such character for us was R5-P8.

R5-P8 was an R5-series astromech droid produced by Industrial Automaton. It was an assassin droid of Hondo Ohnaka's pirate gang during the Clone Wars. It had a blaster pistol fixed on its head, so it could serve both repairs and security purposes.

I created this custom droid that appeared in Season 1 of the Clone Wars "The Gungan General" episode just by repainting the new Vintage R5-D4 action figure that can be found now on pegs everywhere. As soon as the figure came out, I knew I wanted to try and make this droid even though there are rumors circulating that he may find his way to a proper release by Hasbro down the road. I used the gun from the Toys R' Us Nikto Guard and modified it by cutting pieces off some guns in our fodder bin. Nothing too crazy was done to make this one. What you see is what you get.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: