Echo Base ForumsCustomizingCustoms (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [1/28/12]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [1/28/12]  (Read 21735 times)
RebelTrooper1138
Staff
Major

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »

That. Ziro. Is. Awesome!

This brave trio fights to defend the Empire against Darth Vader's evil forces
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »

Just finished Ziro's headdress and jewelry.  Here are the added pics:

Both the headdress and jewelry are removable.
wookielover1138
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 06:19:30 AM »

Wow DD now that is awesome!!! You can definately bet I'll be asking for Ziro to be on the KRR Cheesy Congratulations on 1 year and many more to your amazing blog!

wookielover1138 of the Kessel Run Review

www.youtube.com/user/wookielover1138
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:08 AM »

Wow DD now that is awesome!!! You can definately bet I'll be asking for Ziro to be on the KRR Cheesy Congratulations on 1 year and many more to your amazing blog!

Thanks Jenn!!  Feel free to use our Ziro when KRR returns for Season 3.  Can't wait!
wookielover1138
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »

Sweet, thanks!!! I've been working on somethings to hopefully improve the show Smiley

Incom
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »

While Ziro's character really doesn't appeal to me, I do like how he was designed. And you did him (or is it her?!) justice, DD! Congrats on the spotlight too!
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 06:00:43 AM »

While Ziro's character really doesn't appeal to me, I do like how he was designed. And you did him (or is it her?!) justice, DD! Congrats on the spotlight too!

Thanks Incom!!
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 06:01:42 AM »

Not really sure how to post my latest custom action figure or how many of you are familiar with the Star Wars fan film "Makazie One" written and directed by Clutch. Set in the Star Wars universe during the time period between Episodes III and IV, the story is about an elite soldier that has been sent to track down and destroy a known threat to the Empire through intense ground battles and haunting imagery of death that surrounds the environment. The unsuspecting enemy to the new Imperial order has no idea what he is up against when the two finally meet for an action packed surprise ending. When I did the post over at the blog, I did a video for the action figure I created and I also embedded the fan film into the post as well.  Since we can't embed video into the threads and if I post all the images of the figure I'll be posting some spoilers, I recommend you go to the blog to see the full post where you can watch the film and see what I did with the figure.

To read the post click below:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/07/makazie-one-action-figure.html
Luke Sprywalker
Trooper

Email
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »

Wow! That is a perfect recreationb of the character! Congrats on the spotlight, it is well deserved.
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 06:46:06 AM »

Thanks L.E.!
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 06:47:08 AM »

Taken from blog:

"When Luke Sprywalker announced the Custom Sith Competition over at Imperial Shipyards this month, Dad felt it was the perfect time to pay tribute to Mike Martinez of Mercury Art Studios.   Dad will be donating his MANDALORIAN SITH entry the Mercury Art Studios Auction and the proceeds will be given to the family of Mike Martinez. Mike always created the coolest and most unique Sith custom action figures. He is known in our house as the Sith master. Dad thought of Mike when he created this action figure and tried to create a Sith custom action figure that he never saw anyone make before. Dad created this action figure from the old (head) and the new Jodo Kast action figures (forearms), a Boba Fett torso, and a Lord Maleval (everything else). He removed the chest armor from the Boba Fett and dremmeled the torso until the chest and abdomen were only as thin as the armor. He then dremmeled the front chest and abdomen of the Lord Maleval action figure and then fused Boba Fett's chest armor to the Lord Maleval with Apoxie Sculpt. Then Dad painted the action figure in colors that he saw in a Mandalorian Sith drawing that some new friends showed him on The Forcebook.

If you are interested in owning this figure, look below to go to the link where you will be able to bid on this action figure on ebay. Dad is going to start the bidding high so Mike's family gets the assistance they need. Dad worked about ten hours on this action figure, so whoever wins it will definitely be getting their moneys worth. Not only will the buyer be getting one cool toy, but the money will be used for a good cause.

Best of luck everyone!!"

To bid on this action figure go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300586608183
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:57:49 PM by darthdaddy » Logged
wookielover1138
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 11:20:03 AM »

Love it, you're in the spotlight again Cheesy

darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »

Love it, you're in the spotlight again Cheesy

Thanks Jenn!! Hope the spotlight helps Hollie!
wookielover1138
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 05:15:25 AM »

So do I DD Smiley

darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 03:48:38 AM »

Taken from the blog:

ONE COOL CUSTOMIZING FAD

At the beginning of this year we saw a lot of customizers taking advantage of combining the Vintage Gamorrean Guard with Marvel Universe Series 3 World War Hulk Action Figure. Both JACKOFTRADZE and Von Reinhardt put out variations on the figure and we know there were several more customizers who tackled the project also. When we saw fellow customizers results, we knew we wanted one too.

Knowing that the Vintage Gamorrean Guard was hard to come by this year, Dad didn't have the heart to cannibalize the figure to make his custom Gamorrean Gladiator action figure. He did have the heart to use parts from the POTF version though. Dad cut off the head of the figure and used the Dremel to make a hole in the head to make it ball jointed. All he had to do from there was paint the head to match the body.

GAMORREAN GLADIATOR
created by Darth Daddy

To read the full post go to:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/08/one-cool-customizing-fad.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: