Echo Base ForumsCustomizingCustoms (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [1/28/12]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [1/28/12]  (Read 21478 times)
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »

Thanks Mike Grin
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »

Here's a photo of our latest figure and a link for the video

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/05/bones-custom-action-figure-created-by.html
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 06:49:17 AM »

ZABRAK FEMALE

Just a quick and easy custom to keep the blog current.  Nothing fancy, but a good custom for beginners that requires very little modification. 

Click the link to read the post:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/05/zabrak-female.html
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »

GHOST CUSTOMS ADDED TO "CUSTOMS I WISH I OWNED"

To see the video, click the link below:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/05/ghostskull18-added-to-customs-i-wish-i.html
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 08:22:50 AM »

I made this Jedi for a contest at another forum.  Read our blog entry for more info.

STENNES JEDI

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/05/dads-yakfinities-40-rogue-jedi-entry.html
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »

That's an awesome looking Jedi! It's always cool to see Jedi based off of cantina aliens.

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »

I really like Bones, man, he just says LOOK AT ME!!

darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »

Elias and I worked all day on these three custom action figures for MERCURY ART STUDIOS CUSTOMIZING CHALLENGE.  The pictures are larger than I want them to be, but I don't know how to make them smaller.

BACKSTORY

These three mercenaries grew up together on Nal Hutta and are the closest of friends.  While still young, they have all gained a well known reputation for always getting the job done and they are quite the efficient team.  The team is paid quite well by their clients and their hopes are to make enough money to retire young and purchase a nightclub back on their home world.

"Customs for the Kid" ENTRIES
by Darth Daddy & Elias

BOOMA THE HUTT
by Darth Daddy

I sculpted the eyes, mouth, holster and armor of Booma using Apoxie Sculpt.  The knife and comlink were glued into place.  Booma was designed to maintain the articulation of the original Jabba toy.

Booma's sniper rifle holster is made from a Wookiee pelt that was sculpted by hand using Apoxie Sculpt.  The rifle is removable.

A Dremmel was used to create the deep scar in Booma's belly.

SCRAPPY GO GO
by Darth Daddy

Just a simple repaint with a feather glued to the head.

MIONIEE: MIRIALAN MERCENARY
by Elias

Elias used a Leesub Sirlin body and a Luminara Unduli head to create his custom action figure.  I sanded the joints so his paint job wouldn't get ruined.  I didn't feel comfortable letting a 7 year old use the Dremmel. 

www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com

mercuryartstudios
Major

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:42 AM »

absolutely awesome guy's!!

darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 05:20:13 PM »

Here's the newest customs:

darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 06:57:46 AM »

I haven't really been able to devote much time to customs or the forums this summer due to a heavy workload.  Customs for the Kid was in threat of becoming a wrap/ dead in the water and I wasn't quite sure if it was going to continue due to some looming custody issues as a result of Elias' mom moving away.  The good news is that after some legal maneuvering, I was able to maintain my 50/50 custody of Elias and also implement some safeguards so it would never be under threat again.  That said, customizing in the home has suffered quite a bit.  Unfortunately, the customs I did throw together to keep the blog going were just a few quick customs that are good for beginner customizers to tackle and weren't very fancy.  They only take a few minutes to make so feel free to add these to your collection if you wish. 

Here's the latest:

If you want to see the full post click below:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/07/another-quick-custom.html
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 06:58:33 AM »

Fully Articulated Duros Jedi
I created this second Duros Jedi in under a 1/2 hour using the body of a CW Mace Windu, the pouch of a POTF Logray, and head and hands of a Ellorrs Madak. I gave the hands the ability to spin and cut and drilled the head of the Ellorrs Madak so it could fit on the painted neck of the Maced Windu body.

darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:31 AM »

Chalmun was rarely seen in the main cantina; instead spending the majority of the time in his back office. Many who saw the Wookiee there mistook him for a bouncer, owing both to his formidable appearance and his tendency to physically remove anyone who caused trouble. Of course, owing to his history, he also admired people who caused trouble with style, which also meant that making friends with him was a tightrope walk.

Chalmun remained the owner of the cantina when it was visited by Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, and Chewbacca shortly before the Battle of Yavin.

Dad modified a Chewbacca with Apoxie Sculpt to create Chalmun. The upper legs were from an Indiana Jones action figure that Dad can't remember off hand.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:53:21 PM by darthdaddy » Logged
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »

Dad has been wanting to create a Ziro the Hutt action figure for me for a long time now. He had a CW Jabba the Hutt sitting in the corner of the kitchen for a few months now and this weekend he finally got started on the project. The custom is only a simple repaint and we suggest that anyone who wants to make a Ziro, to get a hold of the CW Jabba the Hutt while you still can. They Jabba toy is starting to go for a lot of money on ebay and you want to grab one before it goes out of your price range. Hasbro recently announced that they will not be making Ziro as an action figure so this is the only way you will be able to obtain the first villain of the Clone Wars television series.

Dad is in the process of sculpting Ziro's removable headdress and jewelry. When the process is completed we'll update this post.

To read the full post, click here:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/07/ziro-hutt.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:29:09 PM by darthdaddy » Logged
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »

Shocked

That's totally going on the front page this week!

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: