Echo Base ForumsHasbro CollectingHasbro Star Wars Q & A (Moderators: David, darth_sidious)2011 Hasbro Star Wars Q&A Sessions - Submit your questions here!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: 2011 Hasbro Star Wars Q&A Sessions - Submit your questions here!  (Read 32131 times)
darthdre758
Trooper

Email
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 05:04:23 AM »

Where we are excited to see product support for the release of the Complete Saga on Blu-Ray, some of the choices for single carded figures are odd.  Of course, saga icons like Luke, Vader and Han need to be represented, but why not throw in some of the more recent, and hard to find, releases like the Clone Commander, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Zam Wessel, or even the Gammorean Guard? 
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »

^^^

A similar question was already asked a few months ago, some of those are indeed carry forward figures, and all of them have the potential to actually still be shipped from warehouses - we may even see more revision ROTJ cases this year.  Someone asked a specific question about the Gammorean Guard, and they said they would look into repacking him in the future, but dont have plans to do so at the moment...

starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »

Have you ever considered selling new figures online in poly-plastic bags instead of cards and plastic bubbles? As an adult collector that opens all of my toys, and - dare I say - plays with them (from time to time), I end up tossing all of that cardboard and plastic into my recycle bins - but I'm sure that not everyone does. Offering these figures (and this could go for any of the boys toys action figures, from GI Joe to Marvel Universe and everything in between) it would help reduce the amount of garbage in landfills and help with the "go green" movement. Plus it would also keep collectors like me off the roads 3 - 4 times a week, driving around and coming home empty handed - also helping the environment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to take these products out of retail - Moms and Grandmas need to be able to see these on the shelves at Target when they stop by to pick up cat food.

Currently taking on new clients for custom commissions, contact me
Custom Figures / My YouTube / Blog
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 06:47:28 PM »

Hey starwarsgeek, someone put this question to Hasbro both in the Q&A and at a convention, and they basically said while it would never happen at retail, they would consider doing it for mailaways and army builders that were online exclusives (ie: HTS) - but nothing ever came of it.  While I like the idea, for many SW fans, packaging is half the collectible, so I dont expect this to ever happen.  Hasbro did comment that the vintage line has a smaller eco 'footprint' (as they put it) compared to other lines, so i guess thats a small victory...

RebelTrooper1138
Staff
Major

WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »

My only fear about them coming in a baggie is that stuff might get damaged in transit. Seeing how HTS packs some of their stuff, I'd be a little worried. But Clone Wars has a lot of garbage, but a lot of accessories...

This brave trio fights to defend the Empire against Darth Vader's evil forces
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2011, 10:20:11 AM »

Dear Hasbro...

We've now seen modern versions of our favorite trilogy heroes and villains on cardbacks from Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. We've even seen *shudder* Prequel and Expanded Universe characters on vintage-style cards (which is a bit sacrilegious IMO, but I digress). You even went so far as to create some special "Revenge of the Jedi" cards to harken back to George's original title from 1982. But what about the Power of the Force cards from 1985? You did a great job with the coins that we got back in 2007 - and I know that I wasn't the only person that purchased figures that I might have otherwise passed on, just to get those coins. What are the chances that we'll get some '85 PotF style carded figures with new coins soon?

Greg
Trooper

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2011, 05:15:13 PM »

Just a quick heads-up: Questions for Hasbro are due next Friday, October 21st. Post some questions here, and I'll pick two to send in.
RebelTrooper1138
Staff
Major

WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »

Alright Hasbro, let's rap. I know at the time of this post, we're less than 24 hours out from the premiere of General Krell. We realize that he's a beast. He'll be expensive to make. 14 POA can be expensive, but with his extra elbows and wrists that'd be 18. We know that he's huge and would require a chunk of plastic. We know that to give him unlit and lit sabers would be hard because they are also monsters. But think of the positives! He's led the 501st, kids would only love him dominating the droids and bad guys in battle, he has two double sided lightsabers for wow factor..oh man. We're just drooling at the idea of fully tricked out figure for him. What say you?

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:41 AM »

Its a good idea to bring that up, the 2012 CW preview was just sad.  We need more secondary characters, not less - we're already overloaded on core characters and clones, and the pegs are full of the same...

RebelTrooper1138
Staff
Major

WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »

Its a good idea to bring that up, the 2012 CW preview was just sad.  We need more secondary characters, not less - we're already overloaded on core characters and clones, and the pegs are full of the same...

Agreed. We can't be worried about not getting even secondary Jedi anymore. That's literally sad.

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »

Anyone have questions for 2012?

RebelTrooper1138
Staff
Major

WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2012, 01:18:44 PM »

Will you be tapping any comic book sources for figures this year? With Invasions, Agent of the Empire, Dark Times, Knight Errant, there are some great characters to be made.

starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »

Any idea when/if the Q&A will be starting back up? I have some questions for Hasbro...

1) Can you give us some insight as to the process by which articulation points on a figure are decided? It seems as though the 2012 Clone Wars line took a step back compared with the 2011 figures. Commander Cody - no ball jointed hips? No ball jointed wrists? Phase II Clonetrooper - no ankle joints or ball jointed hips?? Why can't there be a 'standard' articulation scheme? GI Joe figures have it. Marvel Universe figures have it. I've never picked up a Joe or an MU figure that didn't have ball jointed hips.

McMetal
Staff
Major

Clowny Daggers!

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »

Really, really, really want answers on these, even if we have to corner someone at Toy Fair:

Can you please explain, in as much detail as possible, what is the situation with the Walmart exclusive Clone Wars DVD 2-packs that were shown at SDCC last year but never shipped in the US? These have already come out overseas but have yet to show up stateside. Were the domestic versions (with the DVD's) canceled? Can you at least confirm if product was ever produced and provided to Walmart? (IE: are there finished versions with the DVD that currently exist)

On the same note - what happened with the Mandalorian Assault Transport? This has never shown up at any brick and mortar retail stores in the US? Seems like a waste of a significant tooling investment...are these still expected to ship in 2012?

"Good God, man! I'm a doctor, not a savage! This is a flu shot!"
darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2012, 09:35:51 AM »

Is the Q&A continuing in 2012 and is EBN participating?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to: