Echo Base ForumsCustomizingCustoms (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)StarWarsGeek's customs - 1.31.12 - Mara Jade v5
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: StarWarsGeek's customs - 1.31.12 - Mara Jade v5  (Read 22402 times)
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 05:43:57 PM »

That's a very cool looking custom, and he looks great with Jan Ors. You made some good updates to her.

Cool

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »

Well, here's one that I've been working on for a long, long time. Just never seemed to find the time to finish it. I would do a little here, a little there, and then let it sit. I made the base probably about 3 years ago. It's a CD that either a) came in the mail from AOL or b) came out of my burner as a coaster... but either way, it wasn't good for anything, so I put it to a better use. I covered it with grass flock from Citadel, and then a few shrubberies here and there. Used one of the clear rods from a Darth Maul droid (I think) to suspend the bike up off the ground.

Made a few changes to the bike as well... obviously you can see that I completely re-did the steering vanes. I always hated the ones on here originally. One of the reasons this has taken me soooo long to finish was that I was trying to come up with a way to make a working piston, as I wanted the steering vanes to be able to move up and down. After numerous failures, I gave up and just made them stationary. I'll probably re-visit the idea some other time, as I really want to make one with completely articulated steering vanes. I also modified the part that connects the front of the bike to the body, and glued it together to get rid of the stupid exploding action.

Drilled some small holes in the foot rests and added some pegs so his feet can hold on. Used a Han Solo Endor coat and rolled it up for the blanket on back.

The Scout Trooper has also had some mods done. I modded the legs with the hips from a RotS AT-TE Gunner so he can spread his legs a bit better to sit down and look more natural, but he can still stand without looking like... yeah, you know. Removable helmet that came from the old GTG store, back in the day.

And lastly, just an outtake from my photo shoot that I thought was pretty funny....

Currently taking on new clients for custom commissions, contact me
Custom Figures / My YouTube / Blog
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 04:47:32 PM »

Here's a figure that's been done to death, as it seems that every customizer out there has done their own version of this guy... but as soon as I saw the Deceived trailer for The Old Republic video game, I knew I had to make one of these guys... and I started planning. And then started building, slowly... lol. But as new figures started coming out and showing up at retail, I started swapping parts out, and every time I thought I was close to finished, I found a new figure that would give me a better part than what I already had...

But I finally just put him together and put all the finishing touches on him, and I'm done. I think...

Head: RoC Dr. Lewis
Breathing aparatus: RoC Flash helmet modded with hose from AT-AT Driver
Armor: RoC Flash modded with Capt Rex pauldrons
Upper torso: RoC Flash
Lower torso/legs: Wolverine: Origins Maverick
Boots/feet: Infinities Darth Vader
Upper arms: GI Joe comic pack Iron Grenadier
Lower arms/hands: RoC Flash
Sith Lightening hand: Palpatine? Dooku? It was in the fodder box
Cape: Evo Palpatine modded
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:54:13 PM by starwarsgeek » Logged

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 05:49:53 PM »

WOW! Very cool! That's probably the best looking version I've seen so far, and there have been LOTS of them. Nice work! Cool

David Delgado
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »

Wow, can't believe it's been almost a year since I updated this thread here... I've been tied up with my design classes and haven't had much time to work on anything new in some time, but here's a few that I've done that I didn't add here:

Made this for a Customizers vs Cancer benefit auction over at Yakface.com:

Unfortunately, even though the tracking number showed it was delivered, the person organizing the benefit claimed he never received it.

And some non-Star Wars, too:

Predator with newly sculpted unmasked face and several helmets:

WIP shots (most all still unfinished):

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 06:46:48 AM »

It's great to see you posting here again!

That Bastila Shan is SO cool. Is that the one you entered in the contest over at Jedi Defender a while back? I remember being blown away by that custom. Shocked

The other customs all look great. That clown is just creepy.

David Delgado
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 08:31:42 PM »

Thanks.

That is, indeed, the Bastilla that I entered (and won) the JediDefender.com custom contest with. Since this was a commission piece, I'll be working on a new one soon (hopefully) based on her appearance in the new Old Republic "HOPE" trailer.

darth_sidious
Major

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »

I remember that custom, you got 'most creative' didnt you?  If you make another version of her, you should enter it in the custom contest here - the theme is LADIES!  Wink

sunwi
Trooper

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 01:03:58 PM »

I like the predators with interchangeable face mask.
darthdaddy
Trooper

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 01:18:39 PM »

Always a fan!!
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »

Wow, looks like I haven't updated this thread in a long time... well, here's some of my more recent works.

Mara Jade

Aayla Secura (need to do a little more work on her)

And the figure I entered into one of the last contests, Darth Caedus

A few non-SW figures, too:

AND last but not least, my current WIP

You can see more pics and get more updates at my Facebook page, too Smiley

mrhoppers819
Trooper

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »

you're in the spotlight, Congrats!!  Smiley
Incom
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

Good to see your newer stuff here as well, Dave. What's the status on the Preds?
mrhoppers819
Trooper

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »

your in our spotlight today, Congrats!!
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:47 PM »

Looks like I haven't updated here in a while (again)... but here's my latest creation. Another Mara Jade  Roll Eyes

This is (I think) the 5th Mara Jade that I've done now... maybe the 6th? I lost count, lol. Anyway, this is a commission for someone via eBay but thought I would post the pics here to see what you guys think. More pics are available on my Facebook page.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: