Echo Base ForumsCustomizingCustoms (Moderators: David, mrhoppers819)StarWarsGeek's customs - 1.31.12 - Mara Jade v5
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: StarWarsGeek's customs - 1.31.12 - Mara Jade v5  (Read 22403 times)
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:09:35 AM »

Just found this website/forum, so thought I would stop by and say hello... like a lot of other customizers, I've got way too many customs to post them all... most of them can be seen at my website (or least they will be seen there after I'm done revamping it and it re-opens... soon) but I figured I would start posting with my latest.

Like everybody else, I loved the new Deception trailer for The Old Republic MMORPG. And, like everyone else, I thought that some of the new Rise of Cobra figures would make some cool Star Wars guys. So last week during the 2 for $9.99 sale at TRU I went ahead and grabbed a few.

They were all pretty cool, but I thought that one armored figure's arms were way too skinny, while the other armored figure's legs were huge... so I decided to do a little part swapping, and came up with this:

The hose and backpack are also removable...

Torso/Upper legs: Reactive Impact Armor Duke
Arms: Delta-6 Accelerator Suit Ripcord (modified)
Helmet: Delta-6 Accelerator Suit Ripcord (heavily modified)
Lower Legs: Wraith
Backpack: Resolute Destro
Belt: ?

For the helmet, I took the Delta-6 helmet and glued it shut. I added some Fixit and sculpted a new visor area and some "vents" on top. Using some small styrene rods, I made the nozzles on either side of the breather. The breather part was some GI Joe mask w/goggles, I removed the goggles, flipped the breather upside down, and glued it in place. The hose from the Destro backpack fits in there perfectly.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:27:00 PM by starwarsgeek » Logged

Currently taking on new clients for custom commissions, contact me
Custom Figures / My YouTube / Blog
David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »

Welcome to the forum, starwarsgeek! That is an awesome custom bounty hunter that really looks like it would fit in to that time period. The helmet is especially nifty. Nice work!

BTW it'd be great to see some of your work in our customizing contest!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:19:24 AM by David » Logged

David Delgado
Owner & Administrator - Echo Base News
War Room Staff - Jedi Temple Archives
Forum Moderator - Droids & Ewoks
BugFace
Trooper

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »

Wow! That looks great. Looks like you'll be strong competition in the customizing contest. I had better get to work!

I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your customs here.

... 'cause they don't even know even what they're talking about...and I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve. ~Ozzy
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »

This is the figure that I'll be entering into the contest you're having here... Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand.

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:38:35 PM »

All I can say is.... Shocked

Looking forward to learning more about this AMAZING custom when you enter it in the contest! Cool

David Delgado
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »

Here's my first entry for the new Jedi Knight contest...

Serra Keto was a female Jedi Knight. Formerly Padawan of renowned Jedi Master Cin Drallig's, she was considered his best student. Keto was a practitioner of Jar'kai, a dual-blade fighting technique, like her master, was known for her skills with a lightsaber. Keto fought in the Clone Wars, serving as a Jedi General, and even fighting alongside the famed Jedi Anakin Skywalker during one battle. In 19 BBY, she was killed during Operation: Knightfall, defeated by Darth Vader. Though she dueled the newly-turned Sith Lord in the Jedi Temple to prevent him from killing any other Jedi present, she was unable to best him.

Serra Keto was created for the Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith video game.

Reference pics:

Custom figure:

Head: RoC Helix with sculpted braids
Upper Torso: MU Ms. Marvel
Lower Torso: Aayla Secura
Skirt: not sure, maybe Obi-Wan?
Crotch/legs: MU Ms. Marvel
Boots: Flexrex w/Fixit sculpt
Arms: MU Ms. Marvel
Hands: Fireside Padme
Arm wraps: Flexrex
Shoulder armor: AT-TE Gunner pauldron
Neck wrap: GI Joe Wraith armor piece

Note: reference images show both lightsabers as green blades, however this was a commission piece and the buyer wanted blue blades.

More pics and info on my website.

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 06:39:41 PM »

Very nice! I'll comment a little more later in the contest thread....

David Delgado
BugFace
Trooper

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

Very nice work. This contest is going to bring out some awesome customs. I need to get back to the drawing board now.

... 'cause they don't even know even what they're talking about...and I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve. ~Ozzy
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »

Just figured I would drop some of my other, older stuff in here...

A lot of my most recent work has been non-Star Wars, because I lost my job about a year ago and have been doing commissions full time, and when the guy paying for work doesn't want a Star Wars figure you just make whatever they ask for, lol!

More pics and recipes and whatnot can be found on my website - in my signature

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 01:44:23 PM »

I've seen these and commented on them at a couple other forums, but it's very cool to see them posted here! You do such awesome work! That ARC Trooper is really cool...is that an action figure or something else? It almost looks like one of those animated maquettes.

David Delgado
starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 01:50:15 PM »

That's exactly what it is. The original version is red. I got a good deal on a red one that had a broken foot, so I was able to repair it and repaint it.

starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »

I took a little time off, and haven't finished a new figure in a while... but I'm back to work, and finally got a chance to snap some pics of this figure that I finished up a few weeks ago. Jan Ors was a character from the original Dark Forces video game.

Jan was created from:

Head: Starkiller Hero
Goggles: GI Joe I think?
Upper Torso/Upper Arms: Endor Leia
Lower Torso/Lower Arms: RoC Courtney Krieger
Upper Legs/Knees: RoC Helix
Lower Legs: RoC Courtney Krieger
Feet: MU Ms. Marvel

The torso from the Endor Leia was really really tiny, but had the perfect appearance for Jan Ors that I was going for. So I hollowed out the inside of it completely, and then used the ol' Hot Glue trick to combine it and fit it onto the lower torso from the Krieger, in effect making the Leia torso into an upper torso, lol. But I think it worked and looks proportionate, at least to my eyes it does. The lower legs of the Krieger figure that I used, I "faked" the look and reversed them... the top portion, where I painted black for the knee pads, is actually supposed to be her pants, and the pants that I painted a light khaki to match the upper legs is actually supposed to be boots. But in the game, Jan wasn't wearing boots, she was wearing long pants and shoes... and again, I think it came out looking pretty good, or at least it came out looking the way I wanted it to look.

David
Administrator
Colonel

Holt Kazed!

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 02:28:06 PM »

That is one VERY well done custom. Nice work! Cool

David Delgado
JesseVader08
Trooper

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »

Your Cad Bane is fantastic - you've given this non-animated version a very gritty style.   Cool

starwarsgeek
Trooper

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »

So today I finished up my latest commission piece... Kyle Katarn:

My buyer said he wanted a younger looking Kyle than the new comic pack version. I think this came out pretty good. Whenever I can match what I envision in my head before I start, I'm always happy with the end result. Doesn't happen as often as I would like though.

Anyway, when I was finished, I put him with Jan Ors, since they are for the same buyer, and snapped some pics. After looking at the two of them together, I decided to do a few updates on Jan:

Several people mentioned that she was supposed to be of Asian descent, and the Starkiller head that I used wasn't exactly Asian-looking. I also noticed that when placed next to Kyle, she was the same height. So I chopped about 1/8" off the bottom of her legs, drilled new peg holes for the feet, and put the feet back. I think she looks much better now:

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: